My Babies

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Daddy wants a new title for this post...

Apparently...I don't think like everyone else...and my math skills are lacking due to lack of sleep :) Anyways...Kyle wanted a new title for this post...and I don't have one....and of course, he doesn't either...sooo....

Sydney Marie - 16 Months

So...16 months ago we were at the hospital with our first baby, Sydney Marie.  She was (and still is) the most precious thing in the world (maybe I'm a little partial).  I have enjoyed ever single day. (Yes, even the no-sleep, dirty diaper, runny nose, high temperature, vaccine, teething, no good, very bad ones).  Seeing that sweet little smile makes it all worthwhile.  So, since I have been terrible at updating my family blog...I'm going to try to give you a good update on what Sydney is doing now.

Sydney:
-can walk and run...She laughs and squeals when she gets to run around with any older kids
-LOVES to be outside...especially if water is involved
-loves to pet Hypnos
-has realized she can climb onto the couch by herself...and is able to get off now!
-still likes to take 2 naps, each about 2 hours long!
-can feed herself with a fork...as long as it's a food that will stay on the fork :)
-still loves her stroller
-still likes to eat almost everything (no mashed potatoes please)
-weighs 22 pounds!
-is getting pretty good at copy-catting what you say or do
-can tell you what a dog and cat says
-can show you where eyes, nose, and belly buttons are
-can wave and blow kisses
-has an ever-expanding vocabulary including: mama, dada, eat, please, thank you, May-may (Megan), dog, cat, bye, hello, hi, sh-sh (shoe), night-night, eye, no

She is doing so much these days, I can barely keep up!  She is getting into her sneaky stage...she sneaks off with things she isn't supposed to have.  She also loves to climb on things now that she has realized she can! 

Sydney's first skinned knee

Drumming is one of her favorite things

Along with playing Daddy's guitar :)

She's just too cute!

Since I have been slacking, here are a couple of videos for you to enjoy!

Sydney playing with Bubbles on Easter


Sydney in her new raincoat and rain boots from Kidorable.com

No comments: