Lakyn's Update:
I have been slacking on updating my blog lately! Lakyn was up to 7lb 15oz at her 2 week check up! We knew she was a good eater, but who knew she would gain that much? She has grown even more since then! She has outgrown the preemie clothes and even some of the smaller newborn clothes! She loves her sleep. She is sleeping 5-6 hours at night already, which is hard to believe, but I'm not complaining - I love my sleep! She still has a head full of fuzzy black hair, and is cute as a button! Sydney absolutely loves her. She doesn't like for her to cry...especally if no one is holding her. She likes to help bring me Lakyn's blankets and pacifiers, and anything else I might need. She has adjusted well to sharing the attention. If she feels left out she will come and say "I need to pet her (Lakyn)." She has been a very good big sister!
Sydney's Update:
Sydney weighs 26 pounds now! She is going through her picky-eater stage now. Some days she will eat anything, and some days she doesn't want anything. It drives me crazy, but I've learned to let her decide. Her hair has definitely been going through a growth spurt lately! It is getting very thick and long, but I still have to *make* her wear bows most of the time. Awhile back, Sydney kept crying in her bed because there was a monkey in there that scared her (imaginary of course). He comes back every now and then. She told us his name is Dragontales. If we tell him to get out of her room she is ok with that. Yesterday, she told me she didn't like the monkey. I asked her why and she said, "he wants to talk a-me and it scares me." We try to not talk about the monkey, but she still brings him up occasionally. One day last week I was carrying clothes to her room to put away and she started saying, "Mommy! Don't step on my dragon!" Apparently now she has an imaginary dragon in her room - and it lets her brush its hair. Who would have thought dragons were nice and monkeys were scary? Her imagination is definitely running wild some days! She is also learning to sing songs which is absolutely adorable!
Sydney loves: Pizza, Spaghetti, The Land Before Time movies, Shaun the Sheep, dragons, her diapers (I know, it weird, but she likes to pick out her favorite diaper to wear).
Favorite things to say:
I miss you
That's my favorite
Where's Hippo and Thena (Hypnos and Athena)
I need hold you
I need to pet her
What she's learning:
She can sing her ABCs (and get most of them right)
She recognizes all of the letters
She recognizes numbers 0-10
She can count to 13
She can work Kyle's phone and mom's Ipod better than I can
She still doesn't want to use the potty because she likes her poop - seriously, she tells us she needs to see her poop and then says she likes it!
I hope you all enjoy this update, and I will try to update more often!
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment